Join the circle of patrons of Dansez Maintenant
SUPPORT THE SECOND EDITION OF THE FESTIVAL Dansez Maintenant !
WHY THE FESTIVAL Dansez Maintenant ?
The Dansez Maintenant project aims to promote the dissemination and transmission of dance for all audiences, to cross cultures and artistic expressions, to link the territory with its inhabitants and to make use of a unique space, a place of fulfillment for the artist and the public. And what better source of inspiration than the charm of Château de Véretz and the tranquility of the estate that surrounds it ?
DISCOVER THE FESTIVAL...
Two days of the Festival are open to the public, with many activities surrounding dance and programmes with artists and companies from around the world. It will also be the moment to unveil the work of the dancers in residence. During a summer week, an intensive workshop with thirty dancers of different nationalities will take place. They will participate in internships and masterclasses taught by renowned professors and a creative laboratory to develop choreographic work.
THREE AXES BUILD OUR VALUES :
- Sharing and Exchange : We want to bring the audience and the dancers off the stage throughout the proposed activities. Thanks to the frame's friendly spirit, the relationship between audience and dancers is far more direct and rewarding for everyone.
- Creation : The dancers enrolled in the Dansez Maintenant intensive course will develop their creativity, feed off of each other's work, enrich themselves with artistic collaborations and explore a dialogue between different cultures and various approaches to dance.
- Heritage enhancement : Making history alive by energising and highlighting the value of local heritage through regular events, international awareness, welcoming artists from all over the world to take inspiration from the castle in order to enrich their artistic creation and develop a communication around the castle, the surrounding region and participate in the maintenance and restoration of the Castle itself.
WHO ARE WE ?
The team is composed of three artists from the dance community. All three founded Dansez Maintenant and equally share a young, enthusiastic and eager to innovate approach to their work : Gabriela Gómez Abaitua, Paula Alonso Gómez and Samuel Déniz Falcón.
The team also consists of : Julien Couson, executive producer, a key pillar in the construction of the project as well as Jérôme Lecompte, the technical director and Rachel Lawrence and Aurélien Dougé, two all rounded assistants and faithful collaborators.
WHY ARE WE ASKING YOU?
We are fortunate to already have a large network of people who follow the project closely and are loyal to it. You may already be part of it! and we want of course that this event reaches your artistic expectations as much as possible by proposing a rich and varied programme, as well as on a logistic and administrative aspect (infrastructure and conditions for artists, among others).
For this second edition, our ambition is growing and we have a fuller programme than our first year as our second edition will open a second day to the public.
In a project such as this, the hope is to visualise in the long term and the second edition is just the start. The biggest work remains to be done, especially at the financial level. We note that, in recent years, the financing of cultural projects is becoming excessively complex in France which is why we need a larger sum.
WHAT ARE YOUR DONATIONS FOR ?
- Artists and Companies : Our Artists are invited from various countries and it is important not only to pay their fees, but also to finance their travel and lodging at the castle during their stay.
- Technical installation and technical agents : The entire domain of the castle has to be specially arranged and secured for the occasion, with the construction of various scenic areas including the main stage of 150m2 in front of the castle facade. Part of the estate will be fully lit to make the experience even more magical. Our local technical service provider, with its teams, will carry out this work in collaboration with our technical director and the production team.
- Communication and dissemination of the festival : In order to promote the event in an optimal way and to attractive regionally with the greatest number of audience members, we must ensure a work of press relations, create supports, invest in advertising inserts and manage communication on social networks. All this work represents significant costs.
The festival provides 30% self-financing, thanks to the registration of dancers in residence and the ticket office.
We also benefit from the support of the city of Véretz and the National Choreographic Center of Tours.
The first edition was made possible thanks to you and we take advantage of this call to thank you once again and to invite you to continue with us on this beautiful adventure : a space and exchange of art and nature that we want to share with you and our loyal followers for a long time to come !